Until now, dental professionals referred patients to radiological centers for three-dimensional medical imaging when these were essential (such as in certain cases of trauma and implantology). But this option was not perfect as medical 3D technology is typically designed to image relatively large areas of interest and instead many dental procedures require imaging studies that span smaller, localized regions of interest along with a greater degree of resolution of details.
With the 3D diagnosis, SALUD DENTAL BLANCO improves patient care, since dentists no longer have to deduce three-dimensional information from the two-dimensional data offered by traditional radiology.
3D images provide an effective tool to diagnose dental cases more quickly and accurately, thus ensuring that treatment recommendations are tailored to the needs of patients. All of this provides undeniable advantages in various dental areas:
- Maxillofacial and aesthetic surgery: allows a pre-operative diagnosis with a total vision of the anatomical structure, providing a view of the TMJ (TemporoMandibular Joint) in which possible dysfunctions can be appreciated in 3D.
- Dental Implantology: Allows you to plan an exact surgery by providing bone density analysis along with a complete view of the mandibular canal. Something that for SALUD DENTAL BLANCO is of vital importance.
- Periodontics and endodontics: allows a three-dimensional view of the patient's bone structure in which the dental overlaps and the orientation of the teeth are clearly appreciated; in addition to providing hidden or overlaid third-party channel images.
3D Printing and Digital Dentistry
Digital dentistry is an area of modern dentistry that uses disruptive imaging and digitization technologies in conjunction with a system for building new teeth, orthoses, and prosthetics.
The underlying idea in the incorporation of these technologies is to do more efficiently the tasks that are currently performed in an artisanal way, and that can lead to errors and possible future problems once implemented in the patient.
On the other hand, it is a way to provide a personalized solution for each patient who requires a new tooth, bridge, prosthesis, among other applications.
Digital dentistry is based on three main parts:
- Digitization: in this case it can be an intraoral scanner, an external scanner or dental tomography. With the intraoral scanner, the digital replica of the teeth can be obtained directly, while with the external scanner a plaster replica is necessary to scan the teeth. The data obtained by a tomograph will only be used for implant positioning planning.
- Data processing: through this system the reconstruction of digital models of the different pieces is carried out. From the digital model, the necessary adjustments will be made and the new prosthesis or dental bridge will be designed.
- 3D printing: from these systems it is possible to advance on the manufacture of the final geometry. Currently with 3D printers you can obtain both plastic pieces that serve as study models or molds, as well as wax and then use them in lost wax processes. Through this, removable prostheses such as those made of cobalt-chromium metal alloys can be built.
Digital dentistry in conjunction with 3D printing adds value to tasks related to implantology: dental tomography provides data on the patient's jaw. Then, through the use of specialized software, the pre-surgical planning of how the dental implants will be located is carried out.
From this model, a personalized surgical drilling guide can be designed and printed, which adjusts to the implant strategy required for each patient.
The main advantages offered by 3D printing in digital dentistry are:
- Better finish in the manufacture of teeth compared to traditional methods.
- Unlike other Computer Aided Design (CAD) / Computer Aided Manufacturing (CAM) systems, there is no waste in materials, since 3D printing is an additive technology, this means that layers of material are adhered according to the need for each geometry. Despite this, CAD / CAM systems still have the advantage of printing final teeth.
- 3D printers offer the possibility of making very complex geometries (as in the case of molds for removable prostheses).
Although dentistry is one of the areas that has been slow to adopt 3D printing technology, compared to the automotive, aeronautical and metallurgical industries, it is and will be the industry that adopts 3D printers the most in the coming years.
The main advantages of a therapeutic strategy based on digital dentistry and 3D printing are given since it allows us to approach implantology procedures in a personalized and minimally invasive way.
On the other hand, since the therapeutic procedure can be planned virtually, the professional treats their patients in a much more efficient way, reducing the intervention time and increasing the clinical success of the implant.
Currently, the main challenge lies in obtaining a biocompatible material that allows the direct impression of temporary and permanent teeth, without intermediate steps. Direct from the digital to the material.
The first phase is to perform the 3D diagnosis:
This is essential, since the dentist needs to know the state of the patient's mouth. Previously, 2D tests gave details of the state of the mouth, but at Clínica SALUD DENTAL BLANCO we rely on the best technology to be able to obtain the best results. For this reason, and thanks to the 3D diagnosis, the dentist can know in detail the status of each tooth, assess the amount of bone necessary to intervene ... The greatest advantage of 3D diagnosis is that it does not give rise to surprises since it allows more planning effective intervention.
Once this is done, we move on to the surgery phase. At Clínica SALUD DENTAL BLANCO, we are committed to greater safety in our treatments, therefore, thanks to new advances, we have guided surgery that allows the patient to have the best guarantees when placing the implant.
Guided surgery consists of making a guide (a kind of mold of the patient's mouth) thanks to which the dentist can operate more precisely.
This guide is extremely precise, and determines the location, depth and angle of the implants, so that the dentist can place a prosthesis on the spot without altering the placement of the implants in the intervention performed. Regarding the prosthesis, in our clinics we use zirconia. Zirconia is an extremely hard porcelain that replaces unsightly metal dentures.
Implants in a single act
At Clínica SALUD DENTAL BLANCO we offer immediate implantology, that is, it allows the placement of the implant and the crown in the same act, so the patient does not have to wait to have their piece and both aesthetically and functionally it is much more comfortable.
We know that wearing a healthy and beautiful smile is the most important thing for you so we try to find the best solution. Dental implants, in this case, are the best definitive solution to end part loss problems.
PLEASE CALL US IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY
We are here to serve you and your well-being is our great commitment.