Measures that our dental clinics in Madrid.
We have implemented a series of sanitary recommendations in our Dental clinics from Madrid to be able to continue having a regular medical / surgical activity safely and effectively:
- For diagnoses, only one person per hour and cabinet is cited.
- At the entrance of the clinic, the temperature of the clients will be taken.
- All diagnostic and treatment equipment is sterile.
- Staff will use waterproof goggles, triple-layer masks, and disposable waterproof gowns. Outside the cabinets, special care will be taken to respect the recommended minimum separation distance of 2 meters.
- The diagnoses, once the tests are done, can be made by videoconference, postponing the treatments until the situation normalizes.
- Medical team will not have physical contact with patients outside of cabinets (will not shake hands or kiss clients).
- We will remind everyone who enters the Clinic the convenience of washing their hands with soap and water or disinfectant gels, which will be available in the waiting room, and cabinets.
- Our staff will wash their hands before receiving each patient and will use gloves that are constantly discarded, in each clinical act, diagnostic tests or any contact with clinical material.
- We have removed all the magazines from the clinic waiting rooms as it has been shown that the virus can remain alive for hours / days on these types of surfaces.
- We have strengthened cleaning and sterilization.
- If any worker at the clinic has a fever and / or cough, they will be relieved of assistance.
- We put special effort into training all our staff on the clinical and epidemiological news of the infection.
What is the coronavirus?
The coronavirus comes from a family of virus The Center causes respiratory conditionsfrom a simple cough to a severe respiratory syndrome, such as pneumonia.
The difference with other viruses like flu, is that no person has had this disease before, so no one has antibodies. This absence of defenses is what causes its rapid spread.
That is why it is very important to take preventive measures, since otherwise the virus, far from stopping, will spread faster. That is why we are going to explain the symptoms and the measures you must take and the ones we take at Salud Dental Blanco.
However, it must also be considered that in most patients, the consequences of the disease are very mild, so it is necessary to act forcefully and rationally, but without scaremongering.
Symptoms of the coronavirus
- Trouble breathing
It is dangerous for people with previous chronic ailments and pneumonia. The risk groups are the older people and those who are immunosuppressed.
In children, hardly any cases have occurred and most are asymptomatic.
If you think you may be infected, what you should do is call the health care phones. You should not go directly to hospitals since the only thing that is achieved is to saturate the facilities, affecting people who do urgently need attention, in addition to endangering other people with whom you coincide.
How to prevent Coronavirus on a daily basis
- Avoid exposure to the virus. Especially the crowds. The ideal in these cases is to carry out the essential actions of the day to day and avoid everything that is unnecessary.
- Maintain good hygiene. Wash your hands whenever you consider it necessary. Avoid touching highly exposed areas and try not to touch your eyes, nose and mouth.
Masks are not suitable for healthy patients. They should only be used by infected patients.
- Keep rest at home. If you are weak or sick, stay home. If you do not have the coronavirus, you will exponentially increase the chances of contracting it, and if you do, you put other people you come across at risk. It's easy to imagine: if you go to work and later it is discovered that you are ill, your colleagues will have to be quarantined for 15 days.
More information of interest
- Information from the Ministry of Health on Coronavirus
- WHO information on Coronavirus
- Definition of coronavirus by WHO